Saturday, May 30, 2009

Steps Determined

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.
Proverbs 16:9



I am a planner - how about you? I am a Type A, firstborn. I like to be in control. I'm sure that God laughs at my plans often. And as time goes on, I'm realizing the joy of rejoicing in giving up my plans for His plans. His plans are infinitely good and infinitely abundant in blessings.

I am looking at three of these abundant blessings today. They are now on summer break from school. I have been reflecting this morning on the journey the Lord brought us on to this point of abundant blessings in our three children.

God plans our steps as Proverbs 16:9 tells us. God knew the road my husband & I would take on our journey towards children. He had a master plan - it wasn't the plan I would have planned, but as I look back on the road, it's an even better plan than I could have imagined. He has grown me in my faith greatly. He has equipped me for ministry to others. He has given me a purpose and a great plan. He is abundantly good. But I would not be where I am now if it were not for the hard times of the past.

Although we've experienced the loss of a baby through miscarriage four times, God has restored those "locust times" - I love the following scripture:

25 -27 "I'll make up for the years of the locust,
the great locust devastation— Locusts savage, locusts deadly,
fierce locusts, locusts of doom, That great locust invasion
I sent your way. You'll eat your fill of good food.
You'll be full of praises to your God, The God who has set you back on your heels in wonder.
Never again will my people be despised. You'll know without question
that I'm in the thick of life with Israel, That I'm your God, yes, your God,
the one and only real God.
Joel 2:25-27 The Message

God's ways are not our ways. God's plans are not our plans. And I praise God that my agenda isn't His agenda. His plan is abundantly better. He is the one and only real God.

God has given you this precious baby growing in you today. He is abundantly good. If fear and anxiety creep into your mind, take those thoughts captive -remember that it is the Lord who guides your steps - it is the Lord who is creating this miracle growing inside of you. Look to Him and to His anchored hope for His abundantly good plan for your life. He is our one and only real God.

Dear God,
Thank you that You are in control of every detail of my life - of every detail of my baby's life. Thank you for this precious baby. Please grow him/her today. Help me to find joy in today. Help me to grow in your Word today. To look to your abundantly good plan. Help me and my husband to grow together in your Word. I thank you for this great blessing You have bestowed to us. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment