Saturday, May 9, 2009

Remembering...

Dear Ladies,

Since this site is a site for ladies who have fears about pregnancy and many of those ladies may have experienced loss in the past, I am posting this tonight. I apologize for not writing much lately - it is a very busy month with my children. I am praying that the Lord will help me to find more time to write, especially once school is out. I am praying for you and for the precious baby the Lord is forming in you. Have a blessed Mother's Day.

Love,
Nicole


I just wrote the writing below to send to friends to ask them to pray for any dear ladies who are in grief.

Dear Friends, it is Mother’s Day. A day of rejoicing, right? Dear Friends, today I call on you to remember and pray for a group of ladies who are hurting, especially on Mother’s Day.

Throughout my day today I have been praying for these ladies.

I’ve been praying for the mom who is grieving the loss of her baby through miscarriage – and many may not have even known about that precious life. It’s a hard grief. She is remembering her hopes and dreams for that little one. Even though she never got to hold this little one, she is remembering…

I’ve been praying for the mom who experienced stillbirth. The world has gone on, but she still remembers. She misses that little precious life. She’s remembering…

I’ve been praying for that mom who has experienced infant loss. She longs to hold that precious little one again. She misses him/her. And for her, much of the world has gone on as well. Today she is remembering and missing her little one…

I’ve been praying for the woman who is struggling to have a child. She is grieving the struggle of infertility. She desires to add a child or another child to their family. She is remembering her hopes and dreams for their family…

I’ve been praying for that mom of an older child who is now with Jesus. It doesn’t make sense to her why the Lord took him/her early. She’s grieving and remembering….

I’ve been praying for the mom whose child died as an adult. We parents expect we’ll be the ones to go first. But that wasn’t God’s plan. That mom is remembering and also grieving for those other family members who are also grieving…

I’ve been praying for the children who won’t get to hug their mommy today. They are remembering and missing her….

I’ve been praying for the adult children who won’t get to tell their mom they love her today. They are remembering…

I’ve been praying for those moms who are seeing their child suffering and perhaps will lose that child soon. Praying for a blessed Mother’s Day with that child. A day full of precious memories…

I’ve been praying for those children whose mom is suffering and perhaps will lose that mom soon. Praying for a blessed Mother’s Day with their mom. A day full of precious memories…

Today can be a very hard day. Let’s take time to remember these grieving people today.

Let’s pray Psalm 147:3 for them: "He [the LORD] heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Let’s pray that they will look to the Lord to heal them – that they will grow to see God as He truly is. That they will look beyond the ashes and look towards the beauty the Lord has for them down the road.

“and provide for those who grieve in Zion to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.” Isaiah 61:3

As one who has had bittersweet Mother’s Days in the past due to my grieving babies who have gone to be with the Lord, I thank you for your prayers for these women, men, and children. I praise God that He has revealed to me the beauty for those times of grief and ashes. My prayer is that those who are grieving would be encouraged that God does have a big plan for their life and that this current grief is for but a season – He has a crown of beauty waiting for their future.

No comments:

Post a Comment