Saturday, February 21, 2009

Strong and Courageous

Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:8-9

Have you ever been terrified? Have you ever been discouraged? I have. Do you find yourself terrified that something could be wrong with your baby? Are you itching to get to an ultrasound? Are you discouraged because those hCG’s aren’t as high as you had wished? Is it too long until your next appointment to hear the heartbeat? God challenges you today to be strong and courageous.

Now, before you run and beg your doctor to get a sonogram soon. Before you rent that Baby Beat, go to God’s Word, the Bible. It is full of hope for you today.

We have a physician who is there to speak to us at any moment. The Great Physician – God. He has gifted us with His Word. Proverbs 30:5 says "Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Rest in that shield today – take refuge in His Word. When doubt comes to mind, memorize scripture.

Below is a favorite verse of mine for anxiety – I challenge you to memorize it today – type it out on your computer and put it all around your home, in your car, in your pocket.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4: 6-7.

Go right now – copy and paste these verses – print them out – God is there listening to your prayers – to your fears. God’s peace will rest on you when you bathe yourself in His Word.

Dear God,

Thank you for this day with my precious little one. Thank you for Your Word to remind me about who You are and that You have a grand plan. You have hope. You can cast out that anxiety above what any earthy data can give me right now. Help me to rest in that – help me to hide Your Word in my heart today so that it can be my shield when the arrows of doubt creep into my mind. I ask You to continue to grow this precious little one inside of me – and to grow my heart to be more like Yours today. Grow me to be strong and courageous in You, God. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Dear ladies I am praying for you today – when that fear creeps in, read Philippians 4:6-7! It’s my challenge to you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment